Saturday, March 12, 2011

If Only I Had a Heart

L. Frank Baum, author of the Wizard of Oz wrote, "The greatest loss I had known was the loss of my heart. While I was in love I was the happiest man on earth; but no one can love who has not a heart, and so I am resolved to ask the Wizard of Oz to give me one."

The Tin Woodman is right.  To love another is one of the greatest experiences in life and to be loved in return with equal passion is a miracle to be cherished. Love is essential to life. Love is life. Love shines as the subject of poets, the music of composers, and the lyrics of song writers. Once we are touched by the magic of love we are never quite the same. Once we taste the nectar of love we are not satisfied with anything less. Love transforms ordinary life into an extraordinary experience.

An excerpt from, Returning to the Land of Oz by John Tamiazzo. Available at Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, and Barnesandnoble.com

No comments:

Post a Comment